At NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy, we work together to achieve our company objectives. This is a new Per Diem position we are looking to hire for.
Using independent and interdependent judgment, the Registered Nurse (RN) maintains the delivery of quality care by assuring the nursing care plan is followed. The RN must supervise Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, and orientees. In this role we are hiring for this RN to provide onsite screenings for Covid. The RN also monitors the activities of students in conjunction with the school’s nursing instructor and pursuant to an affiliation agreement with the school. In collaboration with the physician, the RN assures implementation of the assessment plan, evaluation, and follow-up of the plan of care for the patient population.
- Initiates an on-going systematic assessment of the physical, emotional, social, educational, and functional needs of the patient/family through interview, observation, and physical examination.
- Will Test patients for Covid 19 with Covid 19 screenings.
- Interprets assessment data and information to develop a nursing care plan which contains problem identification, nursing diagnosis, nursing orders, approaches, interventions, short/long term goals, and discharge planning.
- Teaches and counsels patients/families, and makes referrals to appropriate resource personnel when needed.
- Participates as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of rehabilitation goals.
- Assures that medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately, and integrates the medical care plan into the provision of nursing care.
- Assures that medication/I.V. administration is correct and according to the established nursing policies and procedures.
- Provides for personal and environmental safety in accordance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures
- Demonstrates skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations
- Assures that documents in the medical record are complete, factual, accurate and timely.
- Provides nursing care to meet patient needs.
- Provides direction and leadership in patient care to assigned personnel.
- Prioritizes activities and plans for effective use of time and staff in meeting patient needs.
- Communicates the plan of nursing care for each patient through reports, conferences, rounds, and patient care records.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the teaching of staff in areas of new techniques, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of nursing.
- Communicates identified learning needs of self and others to the CNO.
- Assists the CNO in the orientation of new staff.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Department.
- We will only consider Registered Nurses for this position.
- Valid State license as a Registered Nurse.
- CPR Certification and IV certification preferred.
- Previous experience with Covid testing is Preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in the acute care setting is preferred.
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Using back muscles frequently or for extended periods
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.