Select Medical is currently recruiting for an ambitious Director of Sales Learning and Development to support the company’s 100-person national outpatient sales and marketing organization. The position will report to the Senior Vice President, Outpatient Marketing and Business Development, will be field based anywhere in the eastern US, and may require up to 20% travel.
They will be responsible for the design and implementation of a coordinated sales curriculum, aligned to corporate growth strategy and field-based sales objectives. This exciting opportunity will afford a senior sales leader the opportunity to directly impact sales force efficiency and work collaboratively with corporate functional leaders and field-based operators to support the division’s vision: to develop the best professional sales and marketing organization in the outpatient industry.
The ideal candidate has commercial healthcare sales training experience, thrives in a fast-paced highly matrixed corporate environment, and is seeking to tackle greater roles of responsibility and influence within a caring healthcare provider organization. Candidates much have strong strategic planning skills and demonstrate acute knowledge of adult learning principles.
Focus will be to:
- Establish sales associate proficiencies and build selling acumen
- Develop event-based and on-demand learning curriculum
- Integrate and standardize sales processes, coaching methods, and field-training mentorship programs
About Select Medical’s Outpatient Division
The Select Medical Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation services with more than 1,800 clinic locations in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country, our family of brands includes large health system joint venture partners such as Banner Physical Therapy, Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, Emory Rehabilitation, Rush Physical Therapy, and regional brands like NovaCare Rehabilitation, Select Physical Therapy and more.
About Select Medical
As one of the nation's largest providers of specialized hospital, rehabilitative and outpatient care, Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) offers patients an encouraging and nurturing environment -- no matter where they are on their healthcare journey. We operate nearly 100 critical illness recovery hospitals, 25 inpatient rehabilitation hospitals and provide physical and occupational therapy at over 1,800 outpatient centers nationwide. We are a mission-focused organization, committed to serving others, and guided by a core set of values we call The Select Medical Way.
- Partner closely with the national sales leadership team to identify sales organization development opportunities vital to achieve business objectives.
- Collaborate with clinical program marketing teams to integrate sales training early in the go-to-market strategy process for new program launches and improvements
- Reinforce key messaging, segmentation, and sales process in all facets of training to improve sales effectiveness; tailor training to each sales role: corporate accounts, field sales, inside sales.
- Partner with corporate learning and instructional design leadership to maximize LMS capabilities and resources for the sales organization.
- Collaborate with Communications & Branding team to ensure sales tools and training materials are aligned to corporate brand strategy.
- Use data and field insights to continuously refine overall training strategy and existing curriculum to increase field sales acumen and effectiveness.
- Use the existing LMS infrastructure (Cornerstone) to supervise and analyze performance.
- Continually assesses competitive landscape.
- Own the annual sales learning and development budget.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant company regulations, policies and procedures.
- A phenomenal teammate
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 8 years progressive business
- A minimum of 3 years of healthcare sales
- Excellent cross-functional skills and ability to develop customer relationships.
- Experience working with LMS (Cornerstone) and CRM (Salesforce or Dynamics) to use insights, reports, and communication capabilities.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Master's Degree
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management
- Experience with brand management, supporting field sales, and new product launch
- Commercial healthcare sales training experience
We are building the best professional sales and marketing organization in the outpatient industry! Do you strive to join a fast-paced, mission-focused, highly collaborative team? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Join us, Apply today!
Select Medical was founded on five Core Values which guide interactions with patients, families, partners and each other.
We deliver superior quality in all that we do.
We set high standards of performance for ourselves and for others. We provide superior services to our patients. We continually strive to uphold and improve our reputation for excellence.
We treat others as they would like to be treated.
We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications.
We are results-oriented and achieve our objectives.
We are focused and decisive in achieving our objectives and helping others achieve theirs. We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions. We are accountable for using our time, talents and resources effectively.
We are team players.
We work together to achieve company objectives. We do our share of the work on time and with superior quality. We share ideas and information. We give honest feedback and accept constructive criticism. We confront difficulties directly and maintain positive working relationships.
We are resourceful in overcoming obstacles.
We pride ourselves on finding creative solutions to meet challenges we encounter. We are open to change and handle pressure with poise. We are flexible, adaptable and able to learn from our experiences.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.