WorkStrategies (Industrial) Coordinator- Licensed Occupational Therapist or Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants in Washington DC (OT or COTA)
Full time position for a Work Strategies Coordinator covering Washington DC and surrounding counties of Maryland
Licensed Physical or Occupational Therapist (or licensed assistants)
NovaCare Rehabilitation is the nation's leader in outpatient orthopedics with a presence in 38 states. Our WorkStrategies division focuses on preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being with employers of various industries. This unique opportunity would cover Washington DC and the surrounding southern Maryland counties and can be staff or leadership for the right clinician. Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants and Occupational Therapists Assistants with previous industrial experience are our focus. We have multiple on-site contracts allowing us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. This is a split (50/50) position between managerial and business development responsibilities with our onsite programs and clinical staff and treating a caseload in one of our clinics. The ideal individual will be able to treat, perform functional capacity evaluations (FCE), post offer employment testing (POETs) in the clinic as well as have an understanding of onsite job analysis and ergonomic assessments. This individual will work closely with our regional director of WorkStrategies to continue our growth in your community. You must have at least three years of experience working within the industrial setting, CEAs, ergonomics or other related certifications are a PLUS. We are open to consider staff therapists up to regional manager, but this is NOT ideal for a new graduate.
If you are looking for a position that combines clinical, management and marketing this is it! We are looking for a dynamic clinician ready to represent NovaCare as a leader in onsite injury prevention and education across a multitude of industries including, but not limited to; manufacturing, distribution, distillery, food, agriculture, transportation and more. We have established onsite contracts at present, looking for someone who has a passion for the industrial setting, looking for growth and leadership with the county's top employer in outpatient rehabilitation.
- Oversight of current on-site contracted services
- Oversight and growth of relationships with clients
- Staff development- training, mentoring, management and selection
- Administration- reporting ROI, review of services, scheduling
- Site visits- developing new services, staff supervision, relationship building
- On-site service delivery for industrial clients (50%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly scheduled meetings/calls with Regional Manager of Work Strategies and Regional Coordinator of Sports Medicine
- Weekly schedule and activity report
- Monthly reporting to Vice President(s) of operations
- Involvement with our Sport Medicine Leadership team monthly
- The ideal candidate will have a professional degree in a related area and one year of experience working in the industrial environment as well as managing a team.
- Preferred Degree in Physical or Occupational Therapy (including licensed assistants PTA and COTAs)
- CPR & First Aid
- Understanding/background in ergonomics such as CEAS.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
NovaCare Rehabilitation and Select Physical Therapy
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Assist in implementation of WorkStrategies programs, policies, procedures, and best practices aimed at providing the highest level of consistent service to our customers in the local market
- Coordinate WorkStrategies program throughout the designated market
- Provide patient care services 50% of designated time with 50% of designated time on WorkStrategies Program management duties. Actual breakdown may differ based on management decision.
- Assist in developing a strategic plan for local market designed to meet the WorkStrategies program’s fiscal performance, clinical quality and delivery goals
- Provide leadership for the “WorkStrategies program across the market service area to provide the full array of Work Strategies services for our clients
- Monitor WC metrics established for WorkStrategies market service area on a monthly basis and implement corrective action plans in conjunction with operations
- Work closely with local and regional operations to ensure appropriate product offering and profitable structure
- Coordinate WC services throughout the local market to insure the provision of the highest quality of clinical care and service
- Identify and communicate clinical training needs to the Regional Director of WorkStrategies
- Provide local training, support and coaching for clinical staff to meet the needs of the WorkStrategies program, including, but not limited to orienting new employees and conduct regular in-services to keep staff current in the WorkStrategies Industrial Rehab Standards and complete product line.
- Provide CEU Education programs
- Coordinate all WorkStrategies marketing activities with sales
- Establish, monitor and track FCE delivery system across the market
- Coordinate and conduct regular WorkStrategies audits measuring progress to WorkStrategies metrics
- Provide internal case management activities to ensure effective communication, intensive programs and rapid return to work/full function
- Insure that QA process is functioning within the market and that there is adherence to QA policies and procedures on a local market level
- Assist in the development of new industrial opportunities at and local level and communicate these opportunities to Regional Director of WorkStrategies and Outpatient Management
- Assist in implementation of the Patient Management Audit System and provide clinical oversight to the Utilization Management program
- Coordinate with WorkStrategies Specialists (on-site) to ensure uninterrupted continuum of services, communication and reports
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- Degree in business or industrial or rehab related disciplines OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years sales experience required.
- Minimum three to five years industrial healthcare experience required.
- Currently licensed as PT, OT, PTA, COTA,
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapist Assistant program
- Minimum three years experience in industrial/work comp rehabilitation.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of lifting up to fifty (50) pounds of weight
- Ability to stand and reach constantly
- Ability to walk frequently and bend occasionally during a work day/shift Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility with horizontal forces up to 50 lbs
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, operating equipment and handling supplies for treatment
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.