WORKNET is looking to hire a Full Time Medical Assistant in our Occupational Medicine Clinic located in Pennsauken, NJ. 80% Front office Duties 20% Back Office Duties.
Fifty percent of our practice is physicals for post offer, return to work, or surveillance. We have excellent client relationships because of our emphasis on customer service. We need a medical assistant who is detail oriented, has excellent customer service and communication skills, and works well on a team to assist us in maintaining and growing the medical assistant function in our office. This is primarily a Medical Assistant position, but may be required to assist with front desk administrative duties and must be willing to help drive the company van to trasnport patients to and from appointments. Ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year experience. Excellent benefits and working environment. EOE compliant. This is a full time Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm position that includes 40 hours per week. If you believe you have these skills and traits, please apply today!
WORKNET Occupational Medicine managed by NovaCare Rehabilitation is a group of medical facilities that focus on physician-owned occupational medicine practices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Our goal is to treat patients within these practices in efforts to keep the working population in American healthy and fit. We accomplish this by providing superior work-related injury treatment, drug & alcohol testing, physical exams, vaccinations, and injury-prevention training programs
- Triage patients as they present in clinic.
- Assists medical providers with trauma treatment including wound cleansing, dressing, casting and splinting. Performs eye and ear irrigations.
- Performs tasks related to physical examinations including the measurement of a patients vitals signs and weight. Performs tests including: EKG, audiometry, spriometry, and blood draws.
- Administers vaccines including tetanus, hepatitis B, PPD, flu, immune globulin, and rabies vaccine if allowable by state law.
- Collects and processes urine for drug testing. Assurance that all paperwork for collections is accurate.
- Collection error rate should be error free at 100%.
- Is responsible for all mailings that need to transpire between the client companies and WorkNet.
- Calibrates on a daily basis the blood alcohol, spirometry and audiometry machines. Keeps logs of readings.
- Daily refrigerator temperature check.
- Warmly greet every patient with eye contact, a smile, and a positive statement
- Attentively register new and existing patients as they arrive, offering them information as necessary to ensure they know what to expect during their visit
- Thoughtfully schedule patient appointments in person or over the phone by showing empathy for their needs and limitations
- Carefully conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Collect co-pays from patients with attention to detail
- Offer a fond farewell, providing any pertinent information about their next appointment
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
- Show you are a team player who is committed to excellence by assisting your peers with general clinic maintenance and upkeep
- Live the Select Medical Values in every interaction, every day
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical practice protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate/Diploma from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant and some Occupational Medicine experience is preferred (Drug testing, Alcohol testing, Spirometry, Audiograms, Fit Testing)
- Minimum of 1 year experience preferred.
- 1 Year of Front Desk Experience Preferred
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws
The position offers a robust benefit package including: medical, dental, Paid-Time-Off, and 401K retirement plans. In addition, the work days are from Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays.
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at https://careers.selectmedical.com/.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.