2021 Best Places to work in Information Technology
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is seeking a Junior Oracle e-Business Suite Database Administrator (DBA) / Developer to provide ongoing support and critical data infrastructure analyses to maintain our various business systems and overall mission. This entry level position will focus on Oracle EBS and have the opportunity to be involved with both systems/infrastructure administration and application development initiatives. The selected candidate will work with our Sr. DBA’s and Systems Analysts to learn, support, maintain and optimize databases and applications. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with strong technical skills and a desire to learn.
- Configure, patch, upgrade and optimize Oracle database software and related products.
- Create and maintain users and roles and assign privilege
- Assist with testing, diagnosis and resolution of database issues
- Assist with development, testing, diagnosis and resolution of applications issues
- Work with security and audit teams to identify and remediate access and configuration issues
- Monitor performance and tune applications and database scripts
- Document changes to design and configuration
- Respond to end user requests for status information
Bachelor’s Degree required - Computer Science graduate preferred with a strong technical course load
- Experience with any RDBMS will be considered (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle RDBMS, Sybase, IBM DB2, etc.)
- Knowledge of database administration to include performance monitoring, tuning and management, design techniques and tools
- Understand basics of Operating Systems (i.e. AIX, UNIX, Linux, Windows)
- Basic knowledge of PL/SQL preferred
- Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite R11.x and/or R12.x is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g and/or 12c is a plus
- Experience with XML, Java and/or shell scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of backup and restore techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of SSL certification administration is a plus
- Passion for following current and/or emerging trends in database management concepts, tools, or other products
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.