Nutrition Assistant - Inpatient Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institue for Rehab
*A joint venture with Select Medical & BS&W*
Shift Hours: Various
Benefits of being a Nutrition Assistant with us:
- Working with a collaborative dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to gain hospital experience
- Full benefits package for Full-time employees (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability, and tuition assistance)
A Nutrition Assistant performs numerous duties related to patient menu systems. Responsible for patient food service contact, patient menu management, obtaining patient menu selections, data collection and communication of patient food service needs. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of menu management system.
- Prepare, assemble, deliver and retrieve patient menus/ menu selections according to prescribed diets.
- Assist patients in completing menu selections compliant with prescribed diet.
- Offer alternative menu, as allowed on prescribed diet and in accordance with food allergies, food sensitivities, and cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences.
- Update and/or validate diet changes in the patient menu system with the most current diet order.
- Update and/or validate menu and nourishment labeling is compliant with most current diet order. Create, print and place menu labels as needed
- Communicates patient care and food service issues to the department.
- Print and distribute reports, such as meal tallies, patient diet lists and nourishment lists.
- Follow HIPAA and Joint Commission guidelines in accordance with organizational and departmental policies.
- Perform clerical assignments in Food & Nutrition office including faxing, answering phones, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Maintains organization and efficiency of department office.
- Follows up with inquiries and requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain proper levels of office and menu supplies.
- Attend in-services and other departmental related meetings.
- Assists tray line, food service aides or catering as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous office experience or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of therapuetic diets preferred
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.