Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Cash Application Representative (CAR) position is responsible for timely and accurate postings of all payments, discounts and adjustments applied to the patient account. Complete reconciliation to ensure payment batches are balanced. Reconcile unidentified and/or misapplied payments on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Post all payments to patient accounts as per contractual agreement.
- Post contractual discounts, adjustments, and/or refunds to accounts.
- Balance batches to batch total and log totals posted.
- Enter transfers in batches and email back up to other Central Business Office (CBO) systems.
- Link all images posted to the system using imaging software.
- Cross trains in other related functions to ensure smooth operation within the department and CBO
- Analyze explanation of benefits (EOB) information to verify accuracy of patient balances.
- Investigate the source of unidentified payments to ensure they are applied to appropriate accounts. If necessary will contact the payer to clarify appropriate application of the payment(s).
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One years of experience in customer service, hospitality or a retail environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and preferred 10 key typing experience
- One year of experience in an environment that measured productivity
- 1 year of experience in a team environment or office setting using basic math skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral and a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and good attention to detail while working independently
- Flexible availability for month end work
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.