Pelvic Floor Therapist (Occupational Therapist) - Pensacola FL
Experience the power of Occupational Therapy!
Select Physical Therapy in Pensacola, FL is now hiring a compassionate and driven licensed Pelvic Floor Occupational Therapist (PT) for PRN coverage. Our center is located down from the Navy Hospital on the beautiful Gulf Coast of FL. Seize the opportunity to be apart of our highly trained and respected physical therapy team!
Our ideal candidate will have a good understanding of pelvic floor diagnoses with no less than one year of pelvic floor experience or at least completed an introductory to pelvic floor course. Our PRN pelvic floor therapist will be responsible for treating women and men with a variety of diagnoses including some oncology related diagnoses. The pelvic floor therapist would be working closely with urologists, OBGYN, colorectal, and GI MD’s. The pelvic floor therapist will work closely with other pelvic floor therapists at this site and across the market for further mentoring.
Our Physical Therapy and Occupational therapy team provides preventative and rehab services that maximize functionality and promotes the well-being of their patients. They utilize a variety of evidence based treatment and manual therapy techniques to create individualized plans that help each patient achieve their goals. This center also provides certified hand therapy, physical therapy, pelvic floor rehab for men and women, lymphedema therapy, wound care, neuro rehab, and aquatic therapy.
- Experienced Pelvic Floor Therapist (Occupational Therapist)
- New Grads (OT) with recently completed introductory Pelvic Floor course
Hours Needed: As needed. Mon - Fri
Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your resume to complete our HR application.
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally a prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 37 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws which govern how Occupational Therapists may practice and whom Occupational Therapists may supervise.
- Develop objective patient goals and establish the type, frequency and duration of occupational therapy in collaboration with the referring physician.
- Responsible for the supervision and delegation of the occupational therapy care for each patient within the guideline of state rules and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the alteration of each patient’s program as changes in the patient’s status occur.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Participate in student clinical affiliation programs in agreement with Select Physical Therapy student manual.
- Provide comprehensive and individualized treatment programs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs or procedures with the approval of the manager and referring physicians per HIPPA guidelines.
- Communicate pertinent patient information to referring physicians, staff, employers, insurance carriers, and rehabilitation specialists.
- Custom fabricate splints/casts to meet a variety of complex diagnoses.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- Minimum 1 year current experience as a Pelvic Floor OT or New Grads (OT) with recently completed introductory Pelvic Floor course
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions. Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess grasp ability for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.