Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) - Neuro Rehabilitation - Per Diem
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) - Neuro Rehab
Great opportunity for an LPC to provide counseling and cognitive, functional therapy to support the recovery of patients who have suffered from an Acquired Brain Injury or Spinal Cord Injury in our unique setting. At times individuals with a brain injury may have pre-existing psychological or mental health issues. This person would be joining a trans-disciplinary team of PT, OT, SLP, Counseling, Rec Therapist, Case Manager, Nursing at the Neuro Transitional Center, a 9 bed facility. Hours would be as needed to support our current LPC and also for coverage when our counselor is out.
Take a virtual tour of our facility!
Employees in this position will:
1. Schedules psychological assessments with attention to available testing space and materials, as well as clinical priority as determined by the psychologist.
2. Conducts and scores psychological tests and assessments with attention to confidentiality.
3. Records behavior observations in detail.
4. Informs supervising psychologist regarding patient status.
5. Obtains detailed psychosocial histories.
6. Conducts psychotherapy and cognitive remediation therapy as directed by supervising psychologist.
7. Maintains liaison with colleagues in other disciplines.
8. Attends departmental and team meetings and in-services.
9. Completes all reports, notes, forms, etc. in a timely manner.
10. Maintains appropriate licensure/certification.
11. Keeps abreast of research and development in the field.
12. Maintains a therapeutic degree of rapport with the patients and their families.
- Master’s degree appropriate to position required
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker required
- Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Abilities to learn and teach psychological measures, observe confidentiality and standardization, and demonstrate accuracy, reliability and organizational skill
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.