Maintenance Mechanic/ Boiler expert - 6.00 Am to 6:00 PM Weekends Only
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
West Orange Campus
1199 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Weekends Only
For more than six decades, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Consistently named to America's Best Hospitals list by U.S. News & World Report, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has set the gold standard in rehabilitation and is ranked as the top rehabilitation hospital in the East. Leading-edge treatment programs, research and mentorship opportunities for our staff, hands-on environment, interdisciplinary team approach. Flexible scheduling, preceptorship, and model treatment programs.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing general mechanical and preventative tasks and inspections, services, repairs and equipment overhauls.
Other responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic position include:
- Install new equipment and systems as assigned. Insure installations and operations comply with manufacturer specifications, including all applicable codes, regulations and Hospital safety policies.
- Coordinate/Inspect projects to ensure they are meeting quality standards, in an approved time frame, and comply with city/state codes as well as JACHO
- Carry out routine and specific assignments to insure that the physical plant and assigned equipment are in safe operating condition and in compliance with applicable Hospital policies according to regulatory and/or accrediting codes and specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair, and safety procedures required
- Current and valid Driver's License required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Trade or Vocational School background preferred
- Current Black Seal License preferred (unless dictated as otherwise by state - six month option as a condition of employment)
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.