Health Information / Credentialing Manager
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Health Information / Credentialing Manager
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
In this role, you are responsible for planning, organizing and directing the Health Information and Credentialing Services. This includes: record processing, physician record completion, transcription, filing, storage and retrieval, appropriate release of confidential information, maintenance and safety/security of all medical records and maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files, ensuring they meet regulatory requirements.
- Consistently demonstrating a commitment to customer service excellence in all interactions with patients, family members, visitors and other staff.
- Participating in building and maintaining positive working relationships through effective communication, performance improvement and teamwork efforts.
- Assembling and analyzing medical records in accordance with our hospital policy and regulatory requirements for medical record documentation (JCAHO, CARF, and CMS).
- Assisting the clinical team in chart completion by running weekly reports of incomplete/delinquent medical records, pulling charts for completion, providing feedback on performance and processing transcription/miscellaneous reports.
- Performing concurrent and retrospective ongoing records reviews to ensure compliance to standards for medical record documentation.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Requires an Associate’s degree in a health care related field.
- Working knowledge of medical staff organization and credentialing activities are needed.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One to three (1-3) years experience in a Health Information or Credentialing Department preferred.
- Current credentials as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or RHIT-eligible status, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or RHIA-eligible status, as required by state regulation preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.