Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) Cincinnati Ohio
Full Time DI Intern Position at The University of Cincinnati
NovaCare Rehabilitation is the exclusive provider of physical therapy and athletic training services for the University of Cincinnati Athletic Department, and all 18 intercollegiate sports teams.
NovaCare Rehabilitation and the University of Cincinnati are now accepting applicants for one Intern Athletic Trainer. The University of Cincinnati (UC) is a NCAA Division I, public university located in Cincinnati, OH. Employment, salary and full-benefits for this position will be through NovaCare Rehabilitation.
NovaCare Rehabilitation is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1600 locations in 40 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT and Physiotherapy Associates.
Primary Sport Coverage: Track & Field
The successful applicant will report directly to the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Sports Medicine.
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Supervise the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations and health appraisals.
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Sports Medicine or Team Physician(s).
- Provide medical coverage for practices and contests as designated.
- Travel with designated team is required.
- Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Sports Medicine and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physician, athletes, and coaches.
- Communicate and coordinate, with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies.
- Assist in supervision of athletic training students and/or sports medicine student managers.
- Maintain certification in the Board of Certification
- Maintain Ohio State Licensure through the OTPTAT Board.
- Assure that all appropriate NCAA rules and regulations are followed as they apply to the sports medicine program.
- Participate in departmental activities and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
- Assist with other administrative duties, within the Sports Medicine Department, as assigned
Applications must be submitted on the NovaCare Rehabilitation website: https://www.novacare.com/careers/search-jobs/
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Master’s Degree PREFERRED.
- Preferred minimum of one (1) year experience in college or university setting.
- Current certification through the Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC)
- Licensed, or immediately eligible to be licensed, with the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Training Board (OTPTAT).
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.