Revenue Cycle Manager works as an integral part of the Revenue Cycle Team as an extension of the Central Billing Office, and area market team, which consists of the Center and Market leaders, Facility Operations, Clinical Operations, and Business Development, to effectively meet the needs of the center front office staff as they serve their patients. The Revenue Cycle Manager supports as many as 20-50 centers (based on geographical requirements) in all areas of the facility revenue cycle, including oversight of training and orientation of front office personnel. Assists and supports all operations of reimbursement and cash flow issues between centers and the Central Billing Office (CBO).
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing front office personnel to identify the best fit and reduce Patient Service Specialist turnover. Ensure Checkster is complete for references.
- Ensure all sections of the Patient Service Specialist On-Boarding process are complete to include the Front Office Training Checklist and all Patient Service Specialist Select University training modules.
- Follow up with new front office employees to ensure they have been trained fully, have a complete understanding of their responsibilities and expectations, and understand the importance of their role in the facility’s success.
- Identify and develop local support by recognizing those that excel in all areas of the job, help others and have interest in taking on more responsibility.
- Monitor and manage bad debt at the location level to ensure maximum results are achieved through reports, audits and retraining as needed to meet established goals.
- Analyze and review financial metrics to drive the company business plan. Identify areas with improvement potential in lowering DSO, improving clean and timely claim submission, and OTC collections. Provide guidance to the facilities to improve their processes with follow up to ensure that improvement is made and sustained.
- Actively engage in Revenue Cycle processes by managing Optimix queues and reviewing all reporting on the Front Desk Dashboard to identify errors, disseminate the information to the centers, ensure timely resolution and provide training/refresher training as needed.
- Ensure centers are compliant with the Over the Counter payment policy to include the daily reconciliation of all payments, obtaining the weekly money order timely and securing all cash in a locked area at all times.
- Ensure center Patient Exchange Funds are reconciled daily and Petty Cash Funds reconciled monthly to include completion and submission of the Outpatient Petty Cash Reconciliation Form.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation is complete for each clinic and all visits and charges are captured and balance. Review and resolve any variances for month end.
- Ensure quarterly audits are performed, completed and entered into the QA database by the deadline, along with any action plans as needed. Findings are to be reported to Center and Market management and Senior Revenue Cycle Manager or Director of Revenue Cycle Management. Provide feedback to the front office staff and follow up to ensure all concerns and deficiencies are addressed and resolved. A summary of the audit results should be included in the weekly report to the Senior Revenue Cycle Manager or Director of Revenue Cycle Management.
- Ensure completion of electronic medical record retention process to verify that all required patient chart information is saved, legible and properly named according to protocol.
- Provide ongoing communication to center management and market leaders on the overall performance of the Patient Service Specialists to assist with the annual performance review process and corrective action as needed.
- Visit clinics on an as needed basis to provide necessary support, training, audits and follow up on action plans when appropriate. If overnight travel or travel with incurred costs (extensive mileage or car rental) is necessary, prior approval by the Senior Revenue Cycle Manager or Director of Revenue Cycle Management is mandatory.
- Act as a gatekeeper of payer information, communicate updated payer information to facilities as needed; create facility reference tools for “top ten payors” for market. Communicate regularly with the Contracting department to stay informed of any new changes or requirements involving payors.
- Perform as a market liaison, an extension of the CBO. Develop relationships with CBO leaders and have regular communication to identify issues, trends and successes.
- Oversee and ensure completion of market specific and state specific credentialing of facilities and new and existing clinicians.
- Assist in transitioning of new facilities, relocations and closures. Complete Payor Notification Checklist to ensure all requirements are met.
- Coordinate and lead monthly conference calls with Patient Service Specialist and Center Support Specialist staff to address updates and improvement opportunities. Calls may include CBO members when
- Support all system upgrades and releases as needed, through effective training and communication.
- Assist market leadership with developing a contingency plan to provide coverage during absence of the Patient Service Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to four years high volume, medical billing and collection experience
- One to two years supervisory and management experience
- Three to five years of experience in billing operations
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with other staff members, customers, field associates, and businesses.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Required to be proficient in Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.