As our Billing Manager, you will coordinate and lead the overall functions of our patient billing under the general direction of the CBO Director. You will develop, implement, monitor, and update workflow standards, policies and procedures to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of CBO functions.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop department personnel in conjunction with company objectives.
- Recommend, counsel and coach for improved performance.
- Implement goals and operating standards for assigned functions in coordination with the Director Patient Accounting.
- Analyze productivity reports for assigned functions and take appropriate steps as necessary.
- Report on key performance indicators to the Director.
- Monitor, report and propose solutions to the Director on any problems.
- Notify database operations if informed of changes or additions to specific payor, plan, contract address or any other vital account information.
- Know overall payor trends, billing requirements and monitor billing process as well as review key indicators monthly with Director
- Know the status of holds in billing, work with field operators to keep billing timely.
- Conference calls with ASM’s on a monthly basis to review previous month activities, hold issues, missing information, any needed assistance as it relates to improving overall performance of the clinics in question.
- Review of Supervisor and Lead daily activities to make sure everyone is on same page, audits being done and all activities in compliance.
- Adapt assignment for staffing coverage and claim growth to ensure claims are worked within expected time frames.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Medical Billing.
- Two to or more years of experience as a supervisor in a high volume reimbursement environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or accounting OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Knowledge and maintenance of EDI billing software, Revenue cycle software, payer overrides, and eligibility software
- Good interpersonal skills including: face-to-face, verbal, electronic, and telephonic.
- Professional Skills:
- Accuracy and attention to Detail
- Good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to reach a mutually established goals.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.