SSM Health Rehabilitation is looking for a Per Diem Rehab Therapy Extern to join our SSM Health Mary's Hospital Acute Care team located in Richmond Heights, MO!
Teamwork and individualized, compassionate patient care provide a basis for learning and professional development in a community hospital atmosphere. Therapy is provided in the areas of orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, neurology, oncology, general medicine and surgery.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a two-time winner of the Premier Award for Quality. Centrally located in metro St. Louis, we provide exceptional care to all our patients and are a Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center. We specialize in high-risk pregnancy care and fetal surgery. Plus, our chest pain center, certified stroke center, and imaging and outpatient services ensure you’re well taken care of in any situation.
We have been recognized by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
If you are compassionate, love working on a highly skilled team, and looking for professional growth opportunities, this is the position for you!
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Maintains department and disinfects equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to hospital infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports defective equipment to DOR.
- Ensures maintenance of cleaning logs and refrigerator temperature logs.
- Follows and assists with facility infection control policies and risk management procedures.
- Assists the DOR with identification of support staff needs for patient care in the rehab treatment areas and coordination of such between rehab and nursing floors.
- Participates in therapeutic dysphagia and feeding program as requested and supervised by the therapists.
Must be a current student accepted in an OT or PT program.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One or more years of hospital experience as rehab aide preferred.
- Direct patient care experience required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.