Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Pharmacy Intern - Non Graduate
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a fast-paced hospital environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
- Functions to include picking up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and dispensing the correct drugs in appropriate quantities.
- Drug delivery functions to include the delivery of the appropriate quantities of the medication to the correct patient area(s).
- Drug charging to include review of the pharmacy fill list and the collection of all medications dispensed to patients for the purpose of billing these doses as well as crediting unused items.
- Inventory control to include the maintenance of drugs in the Pharmacy according to the Drug Formulary and per policy, including ordering, receiving, storage, and all necessary paperwork.
- Narcotic reconciliation to include monitoring of doses administered according to Medication Administration Records on the narcotics sign-out record.
- Medication replacement to patient to include filling of medication boxes with an appropriate supply as per policy, utilizing a unit dose system.
- Replacement of stock items on a routine basis according to policy.
- Maintains all paperwork necessary for the performance of the Pharmacy’s Quality Improvement Plan.
- Maintains any paperwork necessary for the Pharmacy’s financial reporting system.
- Maintains all forms and reports necessary for the control of narcotics and other controlled substances.
- Performs Medication Repacking functions as per policy and under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Promotes and maintains high standard of safety. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control procedure and conscientiously follows procedures.
- Studies and learns the job requirements of a Staff Pharmacist.
- Shows the ability to communicate with customers of all ages at a level of understanding appropriate for any given age.
- Shows initiative to further continue education.
- This position requires enrollment in an accredited School of Pharmacy as well as registration with the State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Intern.
- Also acceptable would be graduation from a foreign school of pharmacy and registration with the State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Intern.
- The Pharmacy Intern will have their Pharmacy Intern License on file in the pharmacy and display it if required by state law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Nationwide opportunities
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.