Receptionist- Baylor Rehab Lakeway - FT - Medical Front Office
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Monday - Friday (Must be available 8a - 8p).
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Receptionist Under the direction of the Hospital CEO, this position exists to screen all incoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate location, providing excellent customer service and helping maintain the security of the facility. Duties include assisting with requests made by visitors and staff
Employees in this position will:
- Responsible for screening visitors to the appropriate location and assisting in the access to the building. Ensures/informs all visitors to sign in and wear a visitor’s pass when entering the building.
- May be responsible for coverage for other staff during breaks and various times when needed. Connects/transfers calls to the appropriate party and performs overhead paging when necessary.
- Notifies the admissions coordinator when a customer requests a tour of the facility.
- Is responsible for assisting patients with requests for wheelchairs by contacting appropriate department.
- Is responsible for reporting to facilities’ leadership any unusual behavior in the lobby/parking area.
- Notifies nursing when gifts for patients arrive in order for the gifts to be delivered to patients timely.
- Postmarks all outgoing mail and may be responsible for distributing incoming mail.
- Periodically patrol the parking lot in front of the building.
- Lock and unlock the front door to appropriate visitors after hours.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months or more receptionist experience preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.