Registered Nurse / RN - Sports Health - Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabiliation - SportsHealth
Per Diem - Registered Nurse
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Registered Nurse (RN) for the SportsHealth department. Will be providing care for sporting events such as soccer tournaments and races.provides direct patient care and functions as part of the Nursing and interdisciplinary teams. You'll use the nursing process for systematically assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care to maximize restoration and maintenance of the patient’s physical and psychological health and personal goals. Serve as an educator of patients, families and coworkers.
We're looking for an experienced RN with a BSN for several of our Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation hospitals. Experience in Inpatient rehab or med/surg/Telemetry/Acute Care is preferred.
Employees in this position will:
- Performs a nursing assessment on all patients within 8 hours of admission. The data collected forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Identifies teaching needs and goals related to the diagnosis of each patient from the nursing admission assessment and by collaborating with patient/family and the Interdisciplinary team.
- Provides patient information and status in a timely manner for the Initial Team Conference and for Re-evaluation Team Conferences on a weekly basis. Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient responses in the medical record in accordance with policy.
- Participates in the patient rehabilitation program on an assigned unit. Is responsible and accountable for direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care with a priority on the education of the patient/family/significant other based on the health care needs identified. Uses a positive and encouraging approach to achieve patient goals and quality outcomes.
- Initiates discharge planning on all patients from the day of admission. Initiates patient teaching in anticipation of the discharge date.
- Communicates all pertinent information regarding changes in patient’s status from one care provider to another, to support continuity of care and patient safety. This includes the attending physician and the Charge Nurse. Seeks consultation from more senior nursing staff in support of complex clinical decision-making.
- Provides communication, direction, training and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time effectively. Delegates appropriately.
- Positively contributes to the functioning of the unit by providing calm direction and reassurance to ancillary staff, other departments, patients and families. Participates in team building activities on the unit to create a positive and efficient work environment.
- Maintains communication with manager, senior nursing staff and other departments related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment (including repairs) and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties. Provides care in a cost effective manner while promoting quality patient outcomes, monitors supplies and charges.
- If requested; assumes charge responsibility following orientation period.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education and self-study.
- Adheres to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Attends in-service education programs and meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Certified BLS completion and maintenance required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
- Previous rehabilitation or hospital experience preferred.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.