Patient Services Specialist - Medical Front Office - PRN Float - Frisco
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
A Needed (Per Diem) Float
Hourly rate is $17.50
Will be required to travel to multiple outpatient clinics from Frisco, Prosper, Little Elm, The Colony.
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Patient Service Specialist (PSS) ensures the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees, and referral sources through the coordination and administration of facility’s “front office” activities. Ensure that all activities that directly affect billing for services provided are accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established company policies and compliance programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Courses in bookkeeping and accounting OR work experience in a healthcare or related setting.
- One to two years medical billing and administrative experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and relate ideas effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, management staff, third party payers, patients, and physicians.
- Must have strong skills in computer equipment and software, detailed documentation, problem-solving and excellent customer service
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.