Director of Pharmacy (DOP)
Select Specialty Hospital Hampton Roads (Critical Illness Recovery Hospital)
Newport News, Virginia
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY (DOP)
IV Compounding experience necessary!
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As the Pharmacy leader for your facility, you will report and closely collaborate with your CEO and other clinical teams. You are responsible for the clinical, operational, administrative, staffing and financial management of the hospital pharmacy.
- Correctly preparing all drugs and chemicals.
- Ensuring compliance with standards of The Joint Commission, CMS and other regulatory bodies.
- Managing and administering the Adverse Drug Reaction Program.
- Developing and participating in new employee training and education programs.
- Participating in quality assurance programs related to drug utilization and effectiveness.
- Participating in patient drug therapy monitoring.
- Promoting an environment of continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients and their families.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure.
- A minimum of three (3) years of hospital experience within the last 5 years.
- BLS if required by State.
- Must maintain a current license in the state of practice.
- Prefer Board Certification and/or Residency.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Pharm D or BS Pharm plus advanced degree or completion of hospital pharmacy residency is preferred.
- One (1) year in a managerial role preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.