Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum. Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals passionate about exceptional customer service to work within an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an ambitious spirit is encouraged.
- Do you pride yourself on delivering superior quality in all that you do?
- Are you results-oriented and a great teammate?
- Do you take pride in finding resourceful ways of overcoming obstacles?
If the answer is 'yes' to all of these questions, we want to talk to you!
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented Systems Support Specialist II. This position is responsible for providing company-wide technical services in the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of networked endpoints, peripheral equipment, and software. The Systems Support Specialist II will be responsible for providing telecom, desktop and mobile device support as well as application, network, and telecommunication infrastructure support. This position is responsible for following up with users on all outstanding problems logged through the Help Desk and serves as a resource for the Systems Support on-call rotation. The Systems Support Specialist II reports to the Manager, Systems Support.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Support Specialist II to join our IS team and provide endpoint device, application, and basic network infrastructure support for our NovaCare Central Billing Office located in Canonsburg, PA. This position will also provide backup support for hospitals in the Pittsburgh Region.
- Respond to help desk referred trouble tickets; provide for or assist in providing end user support for network software, operating system, hardware and peripheral equipment, and troubleshoot as necessary. Ensure that all IS problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Escalate all “out of scope” issues to proper IS departments or vendors in a timely manner following company procedures. Complete any activities, tasks, and/or projects as assigned.
- Install, troubleshoot and diagnose software/hardware issues with Windows desktops and laptops, iOS tablets and smartphones, printers, various medical devices and networking equipment.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Work with corporate IS teams and coordinate vendors in the planning and installation of desktop computer hardware, mobile device hardware, software, printer repairs, cabling for local area networks, and other IS projects.
- Participate independently or with a team performing equipment upgrades or decommissioning and recycling of obsolete devices.
- Maintain records and documentation related to network infrastructure, data cabling and location of equipment and software revisions.
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Systems.
- 3+ years of hands on, end-user support for endpoint devices, operating systems and network infrastructure devices.
- Occasional regional travel may be required, and availability beyond standard business hours to address mission critical issues that may affect patient care.
- Desktop and laptop hardware, iPad, and peripheral support experience (HP & Ricoh printers, Fujitsu scanners, etc.).
- Telephony, VoIP, and clinical device support a plus (i.e. telemetry, glucometers, RX dispensing hardware, nurse call, etc.).
- 7+ years of experience in Information Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity application suites.
- Healthcare and clinical experience preferred.
- Health application support including Epic and MEDHOST.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, work independently, and have a sense of urgency prioritizing resolution of issues that affect business workflow.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.