Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Pharmacy Intern - Non Graduate
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a fast-paced hospital environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy and the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern will be responsible for having a working knowledge of pharmaceutical services provided by the Hospital, including drug distribution systems, central operations, and IV admixture.
- Picking up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and dispensing the correct drugs in appropriate quantities.
- Drug charging to include review of the pharmacy fill list and the collection of all medications dispensed to patients for the purpose of billing these doses as well as crediting unused items.
- Inventory control to include the maintenance of drugs in the Pharmacy according to the Drug Formulary and per policy, including ordering, receiving, storage, and all necessary paperwork.
- Medication replacement to patient to include filling of medication boxes with an appropriate supply as per policy, utilizing a unit dose system.
- Replacement of stock items on a routine basis according to policy.
- Maintains all paperwork necessary for the performance of the Pharmacy’s Quality Improvement Plan and for the Pharmacy’s financial reporting system.
- Performs Medication Repacking functions as per policy and under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control procedure and conscientiously follows procedures.
- Shows the ability to communicate with customers of all ages at a level of understanding appropriate for any given age.
You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited program for pharmacy.
- Must get certified/registered within the state.
- BLS if required by State.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.