Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Director of Food & Nutrition
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
In this role, you will lead a team to ensure the overall operations of the hospital for food service and nutritional care are being met. You will also perform inspections of all assigned areas to make certain the highest standards of Quality Assurance Control are being upheld.
- Providing direct, continuous supervision of Food and Nutrition Service personnel.
- Consistently establishing effective relationships with medical personnel and other patient care services.
- Displaying the ability to manage all areas of the department, including budget, food purchasing and food production.
- Preparing and providing in-services for departmental personnel on a regular basis.
- Calculating menus in accordance with diet order and nutritional needs of patients.
- Teaching and counseling patients and their families.
- Scheduling of personnel in your department.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Bachelors degree with major studies in food and nutrition.
- Current registration as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetics Registration.
- Current state Dietitian licensure/certification, if required by state.
- Five or more years in a management capacity in a Food and Nutrition department or healthcare food service department.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Thorough knowledge of food products and service, operations, staffing, handling, storage and regulatory requirements.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.