Student Therapy Extern
SSM Health Acute Therapy
Student Therapy Extern
**Get Paid To Learn**
SSM Health Rehabilitation is looking for a Per Diem Rehab Therapy Extern to join our SSM Health St. Clare Hospital Acute Care team located in Fenton, MO!
Teamwork and individualized, compassionate patient care provide a basis for learning and professional development in a community hospital atmosphere. Therapy is provided in the areas of orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, neurology, oncology, general medicine and surgery.
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton, a Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center and a Level I Stroke Center, serves the medical needs of the expanding community in southwest St. Louis County. Specializing in heart and vascular, neurosciences, cancer care, maternity and other medical services, SSM Health St. Clare makes your health and wellness a primary focus.
We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!
Select Medical, Missouri, has been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best-In-State Employers!
If you are compassionate, love working on a highly skilled team, and looking for professional growth opportunities, this is the position for you!
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed. Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Maintains department and disinfects equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to hospital infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensures maintenance of cleaning logs and refrigerator temperature logs.
- Follows and assists with facility infection control policies and risk management procedures.
Must be a current student accepted in an OT or PT program.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.