Experience the power of Athletic Training!
NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking Per Diem Certified Athletic Trainers for outreach coverage in multiple markets. Coverage areas include: Beaver area, Bentleyville, Butler, Canonsburg, Indiana and Waynesburg PA! A Certified Athletic Trainer is involved in the Athletic Training Services program: fulfills medical coverage of contract school’s or professional team’s athletic events and practices in a substitution and or outreach capacity as a representative of NovaCare Rehabilitations’ Athletic Training Program. Newly licensed ATC graduates and experienced Athletic Trainers welcome to apply! Join our growing team of Athletic Trainers serving the Western PA region and develop great working relationships with our colleagues and partners in a capacity that fits your schedule. Whether you are searching for the continuation of periodic care giving or expanding your existing network in search of your future goals, our Per Diem Athletic Training opportunities will meet your needs.
NATA BOC Certified
PA ATC License
First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Nationwide UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU crediting courses, national certifications, study groups, journal clubs and more. Per Diem Athletic Trainers on our team qualify for free access to our CEU programs.
- Competitive salary
NovaCare Rehabilitation is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with State Practice Act and reports to the Director of Athletic Training Services.
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices.
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Understands the Per Diem role as a substitute AT and represents the company as well as the profession of Athletic Training with this in mind.
- Documents interactions and injuries as expected and instructed during Per Diem AT orientation.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
- All PA state mandated clearances required
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.