Nurse Development Specialist (RN) - Inpatient Rehab
*SSM Health Rehab - Select Medical*
Bridgeton, Lake St. Louis & Richmond Heights, MO
Nurse Development Specialist (RN)
Shift Hours: M-F Days or 3/12 hour shifts as needed
The Nurse Development Specialist will facilitate formal and informal training and mentoring of newly graduated Registered Nurses. The Nurse Development Specialist will also assist with nursing orientation and will play a major role in developing new RN’s (interns), RN’s, preceptors, and nurse supervisors. Working collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Development Specialist will steer progressive clinical excellence through ongoing mentorship, staff development and staff engagement. The NDS will establish and maintain relationships with college and university nursing leadership to promote clinical rotations and employment opportunities. Provides in-services and training to clinical staff based upon current research findings, expert knowledge base, and clinical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Registered Nurse license in state of employment.
- Three to five (3-5) years clinical experience with precepting and charge nurse/nurse supervisor experience preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of adult instructional methods and theories, learning concepts and evaluation. Previous experience in Nurse Education preferred.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Ability to apply a professional nursing code of ethics and professional guidelines to clinical practice.
- Ability to design curricula and programs that reflect sound education principles, incorporate evidence-based practice, & has measurable outcomes.
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude.
- CRRN preferred
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.