Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) - Topsham, ME (oncology + orthopedics)
Per diem certified occupational therapy assistant (COTA) outpatient orthopedics and oncology in Topsham, ME
Saco Bay Physical Therapy in Topsham ME is seeking an outpatient Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) for our orthopedic and oncology center.
This is a per diem, as needed coverage only opportunity to help our current OT treat a diverse mix of orthopedics and oncology patients. This is ideal for an experienced COTA, but if you are a new graduate occupational therapist assistant with solid outpatient rotations and a passion for oncology- apply! We have an extended leave late June- July that will have steady hours, close to full time. We are expecting this position to grow to steady part time and eventually full time this year. Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program team who provide rehabilitative services to help improve quality of life for our oncology community. Our work environment and network of clinicians offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to our patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient rehabilitation.
With per diem, hours are not guaranteed but we hope to continue expanding making this a great opportunity for a dependable and flexible COTA who is a team player, ready to start ASAP!
We do not offer medical benefits if you are working less than 32 hours, but we CAN discuss your participation in our CEU accrediting courses hosted locally and online.
To apply, upload your resume and complete our HR application TODAY!
Our ideal team member is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric: the patient always comes first and we treat every patient with care
- An exceptional communicator: someone who communicates proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
So we want to know…
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients above all else?
- Are you one of the most positive people you know?
- Are you at your best when you get to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your day?
- Do you hate the phrase, “that’s not my job!”?
If you answered yes to these questions, being a Occupational Therapy Assistant with Saco Bay may be a great fit for you!
For additional details contact our regional recruiter Shanel!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
NovaCare Rehabilitation and Select Physical Therapy
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1700 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy Assisting
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
__________ is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.