Director of Foundation
California Rehabilitation Institute
*Joint Venture with Cedars-Sinai, UCLA and Select Medical*
Los Angeles, CA
Director of Foundation
This position is responsible for the strategic design, implementation, execution and management of a comprehensive fund development program that produces increasing levels of philanthropic support for California Rehabilitation Institute.
California Rehabilitation Institute provides advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
- Provide strategic leadership for the hospital's philanthropic development functions including building a strong infrastructure for fundraising, broadening the base of donors, cultivating and stewarding donor and donor prospect relationships, and establishing successful fundraising programs including special events, annual giving, major gifts, grants and planned giving.
- Responsible for the comprehensive development, implementation, administration and evaluation of the Foundation and its fundraising efforts to fund capital needs, service growth, patient programs, education, research and capital reserves through special events, annual campaigns, major gifts, grants and planned giving.
- Provides direct support to the CEO, administration, staff, volunteers and community stakeholders to ensure accomplishment of strategic objectives and revenue targets in fundraising efforts to support the hospital’s priorities and mission.
- Actively engage in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major and planned gift prospects for priority needs, capital campaigns, and the annual fund. Maintains a personal portfolio of major gift/planned gift prospects.
- Advises and guides management in interpretation and application of policies, statutory regulations, and programs to ensure the effective use of Foundation resources consistent with organizational objectives and goals, and creating and managing an operating budget for the resource development office.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Manage Volunteer Department.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in hospital fundraising with proven outcomes, as well as volunteer management preferred.
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the Full Time positions include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.