Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
PRN Procedures Nurse (RN)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
You will ensure that the nursing care plan is being followed by being a Champion of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
- Adhering to all operative, invasive procedure policies, standards, and relevant bundles.
- Following all documentation procedures and reviews physician documentation to ensure compliance.
- Performing all non-procedural duties when assigned, such as central line care, PICC insertions, assisting with wound care, admissions, patient teaching, IV care and insertions and patient transport
- Participating as a member of the QAPI and Infection Control Committees.
- Managing all activities related to decontamination, processing, sterilization and storage of supplies and instruments.
- Handling all scheduling and supervision of invasive procedures.
- Monitoring medication and controlled substances.
- Monitoring and managing all procedure room emergency equipment, as well as managing inventory of supplies needed for procedures.
- Maintaining applicable departmental logs and records, including, but not limited to: pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative records, daily log, surgical/procedural log book, temperature log, humidity log, sterilization log and specimen log
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a valid temporary or permanent State Registered Nurse License.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- ACLS required or completed prior to end of orientation period.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- PICC qualified preferred.
- Operative or procedure room experience preferred.
- Knowledge of monitors, sedation procedures, and wound care preferred.
- ompetent with rhythm strip analysis and interpretation preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.