Select Physical Therapy is seeking an office assistant in Long Beach, CA. This dynamic position will include tasks similar to a medical office assistant, receptionist or data entry clerk. Not only will this position assist with employee intake and documentation, but will also be assisting our collaborative team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and athletic trainers in conducting onsite employment testing for a well-known automobile manufacturer. A highly energetic individual desiring an interactive environment building relationships is encouraged to apply.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Employee Registration
- Thorough documentation and data entry
- Assisting clinicians with assessments as needed
- General facility upkeep
- Answering telephones and additional administrative functions
- Instruct patients/clients on their informed consent forms, testing procedures, and take vital signs prior to testing.
This is an hourly paid position based on experience.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1500 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Responsibilities will include general clerical duties including but not limited to:
- Greeting patients and visitors to the Center
- Answering telephones, faxing, filing, etc.
- Scheduling patients
- Insurance verification
- Assisting therapists as needed for general clinic maintenance and upkeep
Schedule: Afternoons 12:30-5:30 pm ~ 25 hrs. week
Ideal candidate is someone who is interested in the field of PT/OT and looking to gain clinical experience/hours.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to interact well with other staff members, customers, field associates and businesses
- Ability to type 60 words per minute preferred
- Strong customer service skills
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.