Physical Therapist - Per Diem
California Rehabilitation Institute
**A Joint Venture with Cedars-Sinai, UCLA Health and Select Medical**
Los Angeles, CA
Physical Therapist - Per Diem
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures design of functional treatment programs allowing for effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, coworkers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation of assigned patients. Utilizes clinical reasoning to develop appropriate treatment plan and goals focused on progressing patients towards discharge within an established length of stay.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to address all barriers to discharge. This includes timely equipment trialing and ordering, completion of all patient and family training including issuing of a home exercise program, and planning for continuing services.
- Demonstrates flexibility in all aspects of caseload management including accepting coverage, ensuring that the plan of care is communicated, implemented and progressed throughout the length of stay. Effectively and efficiently manages individual, concurrent, and group treatment sessions based on patient care needs.
- Completes medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner, inclusive of daily documentation, goal writing, FIM entry, letters of medical necessity, discharge documentation, and charge entry using approved formats in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with the Hospital's policies and procedures. Ensures care is provided under signed, valid physician orders and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
As a Physical Therapist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Physical Therapist role include:
- Current CA licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Current BLS American Heart Association (AHA)
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of Full Time Physical Therapist positions include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 50,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.