Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Central Business Office in Canonsburg, PA is seeking a Bill Processing Representative. The candidate is responsible for the daily billing process to ensure that payors are receiving accurate and timely claims. They are responsible for completing projects and problem solving known issues.
- Ensure documentation is sent with claims as required.
- Ensure all printed claims are mailed within appropriate time frame per departmental schedule matching same payor claims for bulk mailing.
- Process secondary claims, paper and electronic. Obtain and attach the primary Explanation of Benefits to the printed secondary claims on a weekly basis.
- Transmit electronic claims as available per departmental schedule.
- Review electronic errors and rejection reports and resolve as appropriate.
- Reconcile claims billed utilizing available tools
- Contact clinics as necessary for information required for billing, escalate as needed.
- Maintain and update notes on patients’ accounts as required
- Immediately notify management of payor issues or problems and maintain constant communication until resolved.
- Assist with rebills.
- Communicate delays or problems related to holds or requested information to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that all HIPAA requirements and standards are followed and executed consistently.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical Corporation both within the Central Business Office and throughout the corporation.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of customer service experience – Retail/Hospitality/Banking/Healthcare
- Healthcare billing experience preferred.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills including: face-to-face, verbal, electronic, and telephonic.
- Professional Skills:
- Accuracy and attention to Detail
- Good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to reach a mutually established goals.
- Flexible and open to change
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management
- Previous experience in metrics based role, where production/quality standards are upheld.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.