Rehab Aide/Therapy Tech/ Therapy Aide- McKinney (Lake Forest)
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Rehab Aide/Therapy Tech/ Therapy Aide
Full time/ M-F 7a-7p varies
BSW Rehab is seeking a full time Rehabilitation Aide or Technician for our outpatient orthopedic clinic. An ideal candidate has previous Tech experience and is able to work a schedule that includes M-F hours. PT Tech: "Seeking therapy aide for busy multi-disciplinary clinic. Clinic sees 550-600 visits/week and a variety of diagnoses. Candidate must be able to multi-task well and help multiple people at the same time. Candidate responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, helping therapists with patient safety, cleaning all equipment and surfaces, compliance manual help, administrative tasks, answering phones, and helping with COVID screens. Candidate must be a self-starter and take initiative."
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Rehab Aide/Therapy Tech provides care under the direction of a therapist, this position exists to assist patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of requested activities. Prepares and maintains equipment and physical environment for daily activities.
Employees in this position will:
- Performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist, including but not limited to:
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Maintains department in a clean and orderly condition. Disinfects equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports defective equipment to Manager/Director.
- Ensures maintenance of cleaning logs and temperature logs.
- Follows and assists with infection control policies and risk management procedures.
- Assists with identification of support staff needs for patient care.
- Participates in therapeutic dysphagia and feeding program as requested and supervised by the therapists.
- Provides coverage for Wheelchair Technicians to include:
- Maintaining inventory of all wheelchairs and wheelchair parts, including distribution, cleaning and repair.
- Assists with cleaning/disinfecting of wheelchairs and cushions after each patient use.
- Assists with preventative maintenance and repairs on wheelchair fleet to extend life of equipment and ensure patient safety.
- Distributes wheelchairs to new patients, as requested by therapy department.
- Informs Manager/Director of needed supplies, assists with inventory control and ordering of supplies.
- Assists with basic clerical duties as requested.
- Communicates with Manager/Director on a timely basis regarding problems, issues and needs related to work assignment.
- Establishes and maintains current knowledge of all Performance Improvement and patient care improvement issues and maintains an active role in monitoring these issues.
- Participates in facility specific Core Program meetings and demonstrates understanding of patient satisfaction outcome data.
- Arranges for responsibilities to be covered by other trained staff members in planned absences.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One or more years of healthcare experience as a rehab aide preferred.
- Strong preference will be placed on candidates in PT/OT school
- Certified BLS completion required
Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation offers a very comprehensive career ladder in whatever may interest you.
Invent your career at Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation!
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.