Physical Therapist Assistant (PRN) Battle Creek, MI
Are you passionate about your profession and motivated to become the best?
Novacare Physical Therapy has an immediate need for a talented Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to join our team in a Per Diem (PRN) capacity. PTA will be responsible for providing coverage at our Waterford, MI clinic location.
This part time position that has potential to grow into full-time.
Clinic Details: Patient population at this location includes pre and post surgical orthopedics, return to sport rehabilitation, COVID recovery, geriatric, return to work, and work screening
Our clinics are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from post-surgical, non-operative to work conditioning. If you are looking for a stable company with an ACTIVE, GROWING and THRIVING national Hand Therapy program, let's talk!
NovaCare is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality pediatric therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy Assisting
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.