***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
The Solution Architect is responsible for providing in-depth knowledge and technical direction for a portfolio of Information Services and IT solutions. This includes identifying, developing, and maturing solutions, processes, and strategies to support custom-developed applications, commercial off-the-shelf products, and supporting infrastructure within the Select Medical environment. The candidate will work across a defined portfolio of applications and with business partners to ensure that developed and acquired products, cloud solutions, and supporting processes are appropriate to meet the needs of the business and are aligned with IS/IT standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with IS, IT, and business partners to provide recommendations towards maturing and evolving the overall technology roadmap, including software development, vendor applications, integration, platforms, and systems.
- Assess feasibility and ramifications of new requirements and design appropriate solutions or recommend alternative approaches when necessary.
- Serve as a technical SME for architecture, design, development, implementation, operationalization, and interface decisions related to Select Medical systems.
- Design operational processes to lead solution configuration, versioning, and environment release management.
- Review solutions produced by application and technology teams and owners for feasibility, appropriateness, and impact
- Interpret technical documents and contribute to test plans, including review of functional specifications for system changes and improvements.
- Identify and drive resolution of technical risks in all phases of delivery work.
- Assist in driving continuous improvement efforts within the architecture domain by developing and sharing expertise across multiple technology areas.
- Continual innovation and progression of our core technologies.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Solutions Architect role utilizing architectural design principles, using SOA/micro-services practices, ITIL-based methodologies, and relevant best practices.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in identifying, designing, and implementing high-performing, feature-rich, service-oriented technical solutions improving the investment in underlying technology platforms and solutions.
- 10+ years of demonstrated excellence with system/application development, service and solution integration, reusability, and operational efficiency.
- Proficiency with a wide variety of technology stacks and commercial products such as:
- Exposure to physical data center infrastructure, including compute, storage, memory, and HVAC platforms.
- Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, AIX, and other OSs
- VMware, Hyper-V, and other virtualization platforms
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other containerization platforms
- Networking, Load balancing, and Application Delivery platforms
- Distributed, highly available infrastructure, including caching, clustering, high-availability (single and multi-master), replication, mirroring and disaster recovery
- Database and Object Storage platforms – Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Sybase, Cache/IRIS, Hadoop, Redis
- Application performance, instrumentation, and monitoring
- Application Lifecycle Management – Azure DevOps, Jira, Git, GitLab
- Interface engines (Tibco, BizTalk, webMethods, Rhapsody, etc.)
- Automated and Manual Unit/Application Testing (NUnit, TestComplete, LoadComplete, QualityCenter, etc.)
- CRM (SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Microsoft .NET/C# development platforms
- Web Services – SOAP, REST, WebAPI, etc.
- Mobile Platforms (iOS, Android, Xamarin, etc.)
- Identity and Access management technologies, including Active Directory, SAML, OAuth, VDS
- Project Management experience including planning, estimating, risk/issue management, reporting, and effective escalation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Healthcare business awareness and proven willingness to learn, teach and mentor best practices.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a passion for technology integration, system and process efficiency, supportability, and fiscal responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated excellence in presenting technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders.
- Capable of excelling in highly collaborative team environments
- Able to drive consensus among clients and peers across functional areas by sound technical platforms providing a defined and measurable business benefit.
- Self-learner that continually advances personal awareness, skills, and capabilities.
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.