Kessler Rehabilitation Center
Woodland Park, NJ
Full Time: Availability Monday-Friday 7am-8pm (varied shifts, mornings and nights required)
Kessler Rehabilitation Center is the outpatient network of Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, one of the nation's leading rehabilitation hospitals. Founded in 1948, Kessler has continued to expand its programs and services to meet the growing demand for quality outpatient physical and occupational therapies. Today, Kessler has more than 90 centers in 13 counties across New Jersey, and treats more than 38,000 patients each year.
By carefully integrating clinical expertise, experience and leading-edge technologies, Kessler helps to optimize the recovery of individuals with orthopedic, sports and work-related injuries, musculoskeletal and neuromuscular conditions and other physical rehabilitation needs.
Kessler is not only committed to the health and quality of life of its patients, but to the well-being of its communities. Our centers host a wide range of free educational events, screenings and seminars and offer programming to local schools and colleges, libraries, community organizations, youth centers, sports and recreation leagues, and other groups.
- Greets and registers patients in a timely, professional and customer-focused.
- Ensures consent forms and other admission documents are signed by patient or family member and scanned to TS within 24 hours of admission.
- Enters admission information into RT/TS system.
- Schedules patients for services within established guidelines.
- Verifies patient insurance benefits prior to initial evaluation.
- Maintains all necessary functions of over-the-counter collections and related fee transactions.
- Generates and maintains medical records.
- Tracks and obtains ongoing insurance verification/authorization to established procedures.
- Works in a collaborative manner with Center Manager, Clinicians, ASM’s and other departments. Maintains consistent professional and courteous behaviors in all interactions.
- Provides exceptional service to any external customers inquiring about Kessler or about any particular patient.
- Maintains office and facility inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two years in medical office setting that required multi-tasking preferred.
- Knowledge of health insurance preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computers skills including but not limited to keyboard familiarity and word processing, office procedures, filing, verbal and written communication skills, fax, photocopy required
- Customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, patients, physicians and community members required.
- Must be available early mornings and evenings for all shifts Monday – Friday.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.