Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) Work Strategies Coordinator (Industrial) - Dickson TN
Experience the power of Athletic Training!
Select Physical Therapy is now hiring a FULL time Athletic Trainer or Exercise Physiologist for an Injury Prevention Specialist/WorkStrategist position. ATC will provide on-site first aid coverage at two companies (Clarksville/Dickson) for injury prevention/management. Our WorkStrategies division focuses on injury prevention and education on-site with various companies. This is a full time position, guaranteed hours with the country's largest employer of athletic trainers.
The ideal candidate will have a professional degree in a related area and with preferences given to those with one year of experience working in the industrial environment. New graduates, APPLY!
- Preferred Degree in Athletic Training, Consideration in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, or related field.
- CPR & First Aid
- Understanding/background in ergonomics such as CEAS.
- Excellent communication
Hours Needed: Typical hours needed of an Athletic Trainer. Some early mornings and some late evenings. 40 Hours.
NATA BOC Certified
FL ATC License
First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
Benefits. The following is the benefits package:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more.
- Company matching 401(k)
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive salary, and more!
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your resume to complete our HR application.
Select Physical Therapy is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for providing injury prevention programming including: functional assessments, individual and group conditioning, corrective exercise programs, and educational presentations.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Industrial Setting Preferred Qualification or Experience:
- Desired 1 year of experience in an industrial/occupational setting.
- Knowledge and an understanding of OSHA regulations and standards in first aid treatment in an industrial setting.
- Basic understanding of ergonomics and body mechanic assessment.
- Desired exposure and/or certifications in movement screens, postural assessments, and corrective exercises.
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.