Maintenance Mechanic,per-diem Sat and Sun
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange Campus
1199 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
Saturday and Sunday, 6am-6pm, 12 hour shift
For more than six decades, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Consistently named to America's Best Hospitals list by U.S. News & World Report, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has set the gold standard in rehabilitation and is ranked asone of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing general mechanical and preventative tasks and inspections, services, repairs and equipment overhauls.
Other responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic position include:
- Install new equipment and systems as assigned. Insure installations and operations comply with manufacturer specifications, including all applicable codes, regulations and Hospital safety policies.
- Coordinate/Inspect projects to ensure they are meeting quality standards, in an approved time frame, and comply with city/state codes as well as JACHO
- Carry out routine and specific assignments to insure that the physical plant and assigned equipment are in safe operating condition and in compliance with applicable Hospital policies according to regulatory and/or accrediting codes and specifications.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care.
Other requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic role include:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Trade school or vocational school background preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair, and safety procedures required
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.