Case Manager - Case Manager - Baylor Rehab - PRN - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
LMSW/RN Case Manager
Per Diem (As needed)
$36 per hour
We currently have an opening for a PRN Hospital Case Manager. This candidate must be a LMSW or Registered Nurse.
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Case Manager exists to coordinate health care decisions by using a systematic approach to assure treatment plans that improve quality outcomes, coordination of care across the continuum; promotion of cost-effective care within the allotted time frame; assuring payments of hospital-based services meet patient-related utilization management criteria, and implementation of safe and appropriate discharge plans. The Case Manager assesses the needs of the patient and provides intervention as part of the discharge planning process. The primary job function in Case Management includes: Clinical interventions/Discharge and Care Planning Management; Fiscal Management; and Payer/Referral Management.
Employees in this position will:
- Responsible for functioning as the liaison among all parties involved with the patient both within the hospital and in the community as it relates to the development and implementation of a safe and appropriate discharge plan, as well as the supervision of clinical interventions that may become critical to the development and implementation of the discharge plan. Provides Case Management assessment and intervention as part of the discharge care planning proc The Case Manager participates as part of the interdisciplinary team developing, implementing, reviewing and revising the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Assures responsiveness to payer systems by maintaining ongoing communication and serving as the primary contact for all external payer sources, in turn generating revenue, enhancing reimbursement, minimizing financial risk and assuring payment for the hospital. Maintains a thorough understanding of insurance coverage and benefits, providing interpretation to patients/families of their insurance and providing patient advocacy as needed.
- Identifies and fulfills the requirements and needs of payer and referral sources, overseeing negotiations of continue stay rationale, length of stays, and appeals proces Initiates activities to develop positive business relationships with payers and referral sources in order to promote repeat business and represent the hospital as a quality institution.
- Responsible for attending education/in-servicing on current trends in case management, policies and procedures of the organization, and changes in governmental, regulatory, and accrediting agencies to ensure compliance with standards of practi
- Carries a patient caseload.
- Assures personal compliance with departmental documentation and timeliness of the same, e.: initial assessments, advanced directive, team conference reports. Conducts chart audits on a regular basis to maintain compliance, as requested by manager.
- Develops and maintains updated departmental community resource materials and patient education materials. Responsible for keeping abreast of current information regarding entitlement programs patients may need to utiliz
- Identification of inter-department and intra-department performance improvement projects, and carrying out of the sam
- Coordinates with other departments to assure positive fiscal management outcomes for the patien
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective interdisciplinary working relationships with other clinical treatment team members in order to assure clinical outcomes that are appropriate, cost-effective, and beneficial to the patien
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Master’s Degree in Social Work OR RN required.
- Current valid state licensure in related clinical discipline required.
- Case Management Certification preferred.
- Three years of previous case management experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Certified BLS completion required;
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.