Occupational Therapist (OT) - Outpatient Clinic - Per Diem
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A joint venture with Select Medical, UCLA Healthcare and Cedars-Sinai*
Occupational Therapist (OT) - Per Diem
Outpatient Therapy Center on the first floor of the hospital
California Rehabilitation Institute provides advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals.
- Join our clinic and have the ability to assist in the growth and development within the clinic in regards to volume, scope and program development.
- Patient population will be primarily neurologically-involved patients (CVA, BI, SCI, PD) however will also likely include limb loss, general medical and orthopedic diagnoses.
- Therapists with a neuro background are preferred, but others may be considered.
- A primary goal of the clinic will be to establish a smooth transition between the IP and OP settings and focus on optimizing the continuum of care.
- Clinic hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday, and patient care will be primarily 1:1 with some 2:1 treatments when necessary. *This is subject to change depending on patient care and market needs.
- Strong support for continuing education.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures design of functional treatment programs allowing for effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, coworkers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
Adaptability, values and demonstrates good teamwork skills, understanding the clinic environment, neuro OT knowledge and skills, prior outpatient experience strongly preferred, PAMS certification preferred but not required.
- Evaluate patient's level of functioning and develop individualized treatment plan aligned with patient and family goals
- Participate in discharge planning including placement, patient and family education, and adaptive equipment
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Current CA state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Certified BLS through the American Heart Association (AHA)
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.