Physical Therapist (PT) - Outpatient Clinic - Per Diem
California Rehabilitation Institute
**A Joint Venture with Cedar Sinai, UCLA Health and Select Medical**
Physical Therapist (PT) - Per Diem
Outpatient Therapy Center on the first floor of the hospital
California Rehabilitation Institute provides advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Join our clinic and have the ability to assist in the growth and development within the clinic in regards to volume, scope and program development.
- Patient population will be primarily neurologically-involved patients (CVA, BI, SCI, PD) however will also likely include limb loss, general medical and orthopedic diagnoses.
- Therapists with a neuro background are preferred, but others may be considered. Specializations (ie NCS) are preferred but not required.
- A primary goal of the clinic will be to establish a smooth transition between the IP and OP settings and focus on optimizing the continuum of care.
- Clinic hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday, and patient care will be primarily 1:1 with some 2:1 treatments when necessary. *This is subject to change depending on patient care and market needs.
- Strong support for continuing education.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures design of functional treatment programs allowing for effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, coworkers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation of assigned patients. Utilizes clinical reasoning to develop appropriate treatment plan and goals focused on progressing patients towards discharge within an established length of stay.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to address all barriers to discharge. This includes timely equipment trialing and ordering, completion of all patient and family training including issuing of a home exercise program, and planning for continuing services.
- Demonstrates flexibility in all aspects of caseload management including accepting coverage, ensuring that the plan of care is communicated, implemented and progressed throughout the length of stay. Effectively and efficiently manages individual, concurrent, and group treatment sessions based on patient care needs.
- Completes medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner, inclusive of daily documentation, goal writing, FIM entry, letters of medical necessity, discharge documentation, and charge entry using approved formats in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with the Hospital's policies and procedures. Ensures care is provided under signed, valid physician orders and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
- Actively creates an individualized professional development plan with clinical management. Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education, self study and involvement in professional activities and organizations. Applies learned information in order to meet the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Actively participates in patient and professional advocacy efforts that may include lobbying activities, health fairs, community level events, professional memberships, fundraising/charitable activities.
- Adheres to discipline specific State Practice Act and other regulatory agencies. Maintains professional licensure in good standing and completes all state mandated continuing education requirements. Performs in an ethical manner in accordance with discipline specific professional code of conduct.
- Understands the organization’s performance improvement methodology to improve quality of services provided by this position. Demonstrates awareness of organizational performance improvement initiatives and follows through with the action plans. Offers feedback through staff meetings, focus groups or direct supervisor in order to maximize performance improvement outcomes.
- Performs other duties as requested.
As a Physical Therapist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Physical Therapist role include:
- Current CA licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Current BLS
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.