Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
For more information, visit selectmedical.com or youtube.com/SelectMedicalTV.
As a Software Development Manager at Select Medical, a successful candidate will fully understand the needs of their team, and be a strong advocate for the success of the team and all custom development initiatives benefiting our outpatient hospital divisions. Responsibilities of this role include managing multiple software development teams working on a large slate of custom solutions, understanding business needs to assist with prioritization, estimation, and delivery of requests, and ensuring established processes and standards are maintained, followed, and enhanced. Additionally, leadership roles at Select Medical require a strong understanding of our core values, an ability to model and reinforce those values, and utilization of our values to drive towards strategic goals. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment, learning the healthcare business, and building strong working relationships with peers. This position will be based in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- BS or BA degree in Business Systems or Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of Software/Application Development
- 2+ years of experience leading software development teams and projects
- Experience in hiring and developing exceptional teams
- Prior experience conducting employee performance evaluations
- IIS server configuration
- Prior experience designing scalable enterprise software solutions
- Relational Database Design and Development (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Experience with source control systems, preferably GIT
- Ability to develop web sites that work on multiple versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and support mobile devices
- Transact-SQL, PL-SQL, XML, XSL, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience in using SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, or any other Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence tool
- Experience working with UI graphic designers
- Prior Healthcare experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Persistent drive for continuous improvement
- Extensive proven experience as a software developer
- Strong dedication to quality customer service
- Strong multi-tasking skills essential
- Interest in learning the healthcare business
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Personal sense of urgency
- Superior teamwork skills
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.