Center Manager - Physical Therapist/Outpatient
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Center Manager-Physical Therapist
Full Time/- Dallas, TX
Seeking a Center Manager to oversee one of our largest OP therapy centers for BSW Rehab . Our Landry 4th floor clinic is located in the Tom Landry building at 411 N Washington Ave in Dallas. This is a multi-discipline clinic proving ortho and neuro services to our clients. We also provide aquatic therapy 4 days a week in the therapeutic pool in the Landry Fitness Center. On average, this location provides over 3,200 visits a month and is growing with multiple additional therapists coming on board in the upcoming weeks and months.
- Creates an environment that is consistent with the company’s values and objectives.
- Responsibilities of Patient Care/Caseload Management to include the management of operations of therapy centers. Assure efficient caseload management and scheduling of patients.
- Responsible for implementation of local market business plan including company objectives and initiatives.
- Manages therapy center or centers, with the direct report of center supervisors, if applicable.
- Assists, as part of the management team, in strategic planning and implementation.
- Assists in developing fiscal budgets for center.
- Develops strategic plan for center and participates in market strategic planning.
- Maintains center responsibility for ensuring center profitability (meet/exceed net revenues and Profit before Tax). Justifies monthly Profit and Loss Statement negative variance for areas of responsibility, including referrals, visits, charge/visit, and expenses.
- Assists in the development of center specific marketing/sales plans for traditional referrals. Responsible for achieving the plan and overseeing center staff to ensure success.
- Ensures appropriate productivity and staffing levels, ensuring quality of care through appropriate staffing levels. Identify open positions and hire clinical staff in conjunction with manager. Organizes daily work schedule to maintain optimal patient care.
- Conducts orientation of staff and training of staff to implement NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy clinical programs and operational objectives.
- Conducts accurate and timely Performance Planning & Reviews (PP&R) of center staff with specific focus on development plans. Provide developmental opportunities for current staff, including participation in local and regional professional meetings and college relations’ activities, and patient care skills development opportunities for clinical staff as appropriate to ensure good quality of care. Recommend staff for recognition.
- Manages all employee relation’s issues and ensure compliance with equitable application of Human Resource Policy and Procedures. Seek assistance of Human Resources when needed. Monitor and accomplish area-specific retention objectives within center
- Conducts center meetings monthly with center staff to resolve operating issues and provide clinical in-services
- Approves all purchase order requests, while ensuring effective cost management.
- Justifies and processes all capital equipment request to Regional Director or Market Manager.
- Ensures positive moral, resolving issues, and rewarding success.
- Ensures NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy, State, Federal and Customer regulations, policies, procedures and patient care standards are met in assigned centers. Serves as a clinical resource and implements NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy clinical programs.
- Conducts routine quality assurance and corporate compliance audits in the assigned center. Audit compliance with health and safety policies and procedures on an annual basis.
- Periodically (at least quarterly) review results of outcome program measures and develop plans to improve patient care where needed. Develop plans of action and ensure good outcomes of deficiencies noted in routine and investigative compliance audits.
- Ensures strong physician and payor relations and coordinate implementation of clinical specialty programs as requested by the customer.
- Subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law.
- BA/BS Degree in Physical Therapy required.
- Physical Therapy License required.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.