Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
Saddle Brook, NJ
Executive Assistant - Full-Time
We are currently seeking for a Full-Time, Executive Assistant to report to the CEO of our rehab hospital in Saddle Brook, NJ. This opportunity requires weekday availability: Monday - Friday. Come join our team!
This is a salaried position - salary is determined based on years of experience.
An Executive Assistant performs confidential and executive administrative services for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Assists the CEO in maintaining the efficiency of hospital operations.
Other duties of this position include
- Assists CEO in carrying out the executive operations and day-to-day functions as follows:
- Communicates information effectively throughout the respective hospital/division.
- Informs management of important events, matters requiring immediate response and pertinent issues arising from the course of business.
- Exercises sound judgment in directing/initially responding to employees, patients, visitors and external customers.
- Prioritizes plans and arranges for the timely completion of tasks and assignments.
- Establishes effective systems for information filing and retrieval.
- Continually examines administrative efficiencies and initiates improved solutions.
- Utilizes proper discretion and maintains complete confidentiality related to sensitive employee and patient issues.
- Performs administrative assignments related to the office of the CEO, including coordination of the calendar of the CEO, expense reports and monthly timesheets. Assists in problem solving routine matters in conjunction with the CEO.
- Types correspondence, memoranda, reports and records, as requested. Prepares computer spreadsheets/reports as necessary. Initiates correspondence or predetermined management reports for the CEO.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and directs parties as appropriate. Receives visitors/guests of the CEO in a professional and courteous manner.
- Initiates and develops predetermined management reports as well as special projects for CEO.
- Coordinates the investigation and resolution of routine patient complaints by hospital management team, ensures proper documentation and coordinates tracking and trending of patient complaints, with the Legal Department related to the generation of complaint response letters. Assumes responsibility for incident reporting process. Reviews incident reports, ensures reports are completed in entirety and follows up with managers as appropriate. Reports urgent issues to CEO and Select Medical Risk Manager. Records incident reports via application software. Files and maintains records for future reference.
- Attends administrative and committee meetings; records minutes: summarizes, transcribes and distributes minutes to all appropriate parties. Prepares and mails various meeting packets and reports related to respective hospital.
- Provides administrative assistance to various departments that are under the direct report of the CEO.
- Schedules all Hospital Management Team Meetings and other meetings as necessary. Generates and distributes materials as appropriate. Sends meeting reminder notification to appropriate staff.
- Maintains administrative files that are accurate, orderly and filed in a timely manner.
- Maintains and distributes petty cash for the hospital as requested.
- Performs other duties as requested
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficiency in various computer applications/programs required.
- Previous experience in an administrative role required.
- Associates degree or additional coursework/related certificates preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.