Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
Do you enjoy puzzles and research? Are you results-oriented? If so, our Patient Account Representative position may be a phenomenal career for you within Select Medical!
Our dynamic team has the responsibility of resolving outstanding insurance claims so that our patients are not impacted.
We offer an exceptional employee experience, full-time hours, full benefits, paid training, and advancement opportunities.
Our team offers flexible, first shift, Monday through Friday schedules. This would include two fifteen minute breaks and one half-hour lunch. We allow for casual work attire, jeans are our norm!
- Investigate and follow-up on all open account balances overdue for 45 days or more to determine reason for non-payment. Contact responsible party to establish reason for delinquency, document in system all verbal and written communication relative to overdue account, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment.
- Review accounts with initial evaluations as early as 21 days old in order to confirm that clean claims are reaching the correct payor.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both outstanding receivables and DSO.
- Manage correspondence related to designated work load.
- Address incoming center/field inquiries as necessary and in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Identify and resolve issues impacting the timely collection of open receivables.
- Provide timely notification to the appropriate managerial staff of any identified payor issues.
- Counsel patients on financial options and establish payment plan or begin dunning letter process and follow-up as needed.
- As necessary, request account adjustments as identified via write off requests and refund requests.
- Recommend accounts to an outside agency based upon company guidelines.
- Notify database operations of changes or additions to specific payor, plan, contract, address, or other pertinent information as necessary.
- Meet the expectations and goals for productivity and cash targets as set forth by management
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of customer service experience – Retail/Hospitality/Banking/Healthcare
- One year of experience in an office setting, medical environment preferred
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office products, and familiarity with internet research
- Strong organization skills and the proven experience in the ability to problem solve.
- Adaptable, detail orientation and strong organization skills are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest to develop career path
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.