Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
Student Nurse Tech
Shift Hours: PER DIEM, 7:00am - 7:30pm OR 7:00pm - 7:30pm
(This includes weekday and weekend shifts)
We are currently seeking a Per Diem, Student Nurse Tech for our rehab hospital at Chester, NJ (MORRIS COUNTRY). Come join our team - APPLY TODAY!
Benefits of becoming a Student Nurse Tech with us:
- Flexible scheduling with rotating weekends
- 12HR Shifts
- Manageable caseloads
- Applicable clinical experience in an acute rehabilitation setting
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Tuition assistance and professional development
Student Nurse Techs work collaboratively with our nursing (RNs, Nursing Assistants) and therapy teams to assist patients in their rehabilitation process.
On a daily basis you will:
- obtain vital signs
- help the patient with daily activities
- promptly answering call lights
- reporting any issues or progress observed
Our Student Nurse Techs encourage and support patients through the recovery process and gently guide them to reach their goals.
- Current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and aspetic practices is required
- This position requres the ability to communicated effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instrucions and to maintiain effective working relations with others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates
- BLS required upon start.
For more than 70 years, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation and is a recognized leader for stroke, brain, spinal cord injuries and work with amputees and orthopedic/neurological rehabilitation. Consistently named to the prestigious 'America's Best Hospitals' list by US News & World Report, Kessler has set the gold standard in medical rehabilitation and is ranked as one of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the nation and the leading rehabilitation hospital in the East.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.