2021 Best Places to work in Information Technology
Business Intelligence Analyst
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for the delivery of end to end business intelligence solutions that support and enhance the financial, clinical, and quality outcomes of the organization. The role requires a passion for data and technology, thorough understanding of ETL in a data warehouse environment, excellent communication skills, understanding of business processes, knowledge of best practices, and the ability to provide quality actionable business intelligence using industry standard tools in a rapidly growing organization.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including executive management, to gather the technical requirements for business intelligence solutions
- Acquire a deep understanding of source systems, knowledge of business processes, and thorough business unit knowledge through the interaction with subject matter experts, developers, architects, business leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Design, develop and maintain data models for reporting and analyzing data related to business, regulatory, contractual and ad hoc requirements
- Become a subject matter expert on the organizations data, processes, and reporting solutions
- Develop ETL code, including but not limited to Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) packages, SSIS Packages, PLSQL packages, and scripts that take advantage of incremental loading methodologies like change data capture (CDC)
- Perform unit, integration, performance, and regression testing
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Work with peers, SMEs and other stakeholders to ensure that the final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required
- Provide insights, recommendations and strategies to enhance the operational delivery of BI solutions, and technical direction
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 2+ years of experience building business intelligence reporting solutions
- 2+ years of experience working in a data warehouse environment
- 1+ year of ETL experience
- 1+ years of experience utilizing data integration tools like ODI, SSIS, or Informatica
- 1+ years of experience analyzing, structuring and reporting data across an enterprise
- 1+ year of experience working on an RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin, Oracle Data Modeler or PowerDesigner
- Big Data experience is a plus (structured or unstructured)
- Proficient in SQL and PLSQL
- Proficient in data warehousing concepts
- Proficient in ETL design concepts including Change Data Capture (CDC) and Slowly Changing Dimensions( SCD)
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise business intelligence platform like MicroStrategy, Tableau or Business Objects
- Strong knowledge around the installation, configuration & integration of stand-alone applications in a large enterprise environment
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.