NovaCare Rehabilitation is looking to hire a Full Time Physical Therapist for our Haslett, MI clinic location.
Select Medical (locally known as NovaCare Rehab) is the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming, positive, and helpful environment. This Patient Service Specialist position goes above and beyond the normal duties of a secretary or receptionist. As an employee at Select Medical, you will have the ability to impact people’s lives in truly meaningful ways every day. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community.
Our Battle Creek clinic details: Outpatient physical therapy office with focus on clinical excellence and staff training to achieve the best patient outcomes. Caseload is primarily non-surgical orthopaedics including specialty areas of spine care, TMD/upper cervical treatment, lower quarter biomechanics, high school and collegiate athletes, pain management and dizziness/concussion/vestibular disorders. Opportunity to work alongside two fellowship-trained orthopaedic manual physical therapists who serve as instructors and fellowship mentors.
Our ideal team member is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric: the patient always comes first and we treat every patient with care
- An exceptional communicator: someone who communicates proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
So we want to know…
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients above all else?
- Are you one of the most positive people you know?
- Are you at your best when you get to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your day?
- Do you hate the phrase, “that’s not my job!”?
If you answered yes to these questions, being a Physical Therapist at Select Medical may be a great fit for you!
One of the many unique benefits that our employees at Select Medical can take advantage of is our industry-leading continuing education opportunities, which are worth up to $15,580 each year! This includes the opportunity to join Select Physical Therapy’s nationally acclaimed and APTA accredited Orthopedic Residency Program, weekend classes and online education, and formal weekly mentoring program available for new grads. Residency and Fellowship programs.
Who is Select Medical?
We are the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve. Our mission is to deliver an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Select Medical was founded on five Core Values which guide our interactions with patients, families, partners and each other.
We deliver superior quality in all that we do.
We set high standards of performance for ourselves and for others. We provide superior services to our patients. We continually strive to uphold and improve our reputation for excellence.
We treat others as they would like to be treated.
We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications.
We are results-oriented and achieve our objectives.
We are focused and decisive in achieving our objectives and helping others achieve theirs. We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions. We are accountable for using our time, talents and resources effectively.
We are team players.
We work together to achieve company objectives. We do our share of the work on time and with superior quality. We share ideas and information. We give honest feedback and accept constructive criticism. We confront difficulties
directly and maintain positive working relationships.
We are resourceful in overcoming obstacles.
We pride ourselves on finding creative solutions to meet challenges we encounter. We are open to change and handle pressure with poise. We are flexible, adaptable and able to learn from our experiences.
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience and one year with NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy.
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited school of physical therapy.
- Affiliation with APTA recommended but not required.
- State licensure/registration where applicable.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.