Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
Professionally and courteously provide a variety of patient and insurance services through mail, telephone, e-mail and personal contact in response to patient account inquiries. This position will maintain a more active role in fixing patient accounts in the billing system and reviewing reports to assist in quality control of patient accounts, specifically patient balances.
- Answer, forward and log incoming calls in the manner specified by the Central Business Office (CBO) Manager or Supervisor.
- Comprehend insurance and patient responsibilities in relation to account balances and billing.
- Resolve patient, physical therapy center, and internal account inquiries, both verbal and written. Forwarding the inquiries to the Lead and members of the Accounts Receivable team or appropriate supervisors as necessary if unable to resolve inquiry
- Take patient payments and applying to account correctly.
- Process and forward incoming mail according to department protocols.
- Document the billing system concerning all verbal and written communication relative to the specific patient accounts.
- Assist and support other departments and appropriate staff members as needed to resolve patients account inquiries.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate CBO staff when informed of changes in payers, plans, contracts, addresses, or other vital account billing information.
- Follow all HIPAA requirements as defined by Compliance Department.
- When not taking inbound calls; will work on other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year of Customer Service Experience in Hospitality, retail, or banking.
- Computer proficiency and experience in windows based technologies
- Phone or call center experience.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Medical Background (Insurance, Front Desk, Etc)
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to do so independently
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a positive attitude
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Your Benefits As a Customer Service Representative:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.