Director of Rehabilitation - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
Director of Rehabilitation (DOR)
The Director of Rehabilitation (DOR) is a member of the Rehabilitation Leadership Council, and participates in the establishment of policies and procedures for all IP therapy services. Designs and implements a framework to integrate and coordinate patient care services, and program development with all IP therapy departments within the assigned facility, consistent with quality service and maximization of profit. Provides direction, expertise and mentoring to facilitate the growth and development of IP rehabilitation therapy services. Directs daily operations of inpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services.
- Ensures the design of patient care services provided within the therapy departments is appropriate to the scope and level of care for the patients served.
- Recruits, selects, directs and supports the activities of the Clinical Managers in the therapy departments within the assigned facility.
- Develops programs to promote the recruitment, retention, and continuing education of all staff members in conjunction with the Clinical Managers, Directors of Rehab Therapy Services across the Division, HR and the Director of Education.
- Current state licensure as a Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist required. (For Speech discipline: Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association required.)
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a therapist in an acute rehab setting, including a minimum of five years supervisory experience required.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.